Update from Hilton Head Town Manager Steve Riley 5/13/2020
View a Video Update from Town Manager Steve Riley at https://youtu.be/p7DbZMuJVWg
Good afternoon Hilton Head Islanders,
As of Friday, May 15th, the public will have access to more of our beach and community parks.
Islanders Beach Park and Coligny Beach Park are open now for Hilton Head Island residents and property owners with beach parking passes. There will be some changes to this on Friday. The following beach access points will reopen with some restrictions as noted:
- Alder Lane Beach Access
- Coligny Beach Park – Only half of the 450 parking spaces at Coligny Beach Parking Lot will be available.
- Fish Haul Beach Park
- Folly Field Beach Park
- Driessen Beach Park – Will temporarily be open only to Hilton Head Island residents and property owners with beach parking passes.
- Islanders Beach Park – Will temporarily be open only to Hilton Head Island residents and property owners with beach parking passes.
- Shelter Cove Community Park (Lawn Only)
- Barker Field Extension
- Rowing and Sailing Center at Squire Pope Community Park
If you go, please know:
- Playground equipment and picnic tables are still off limits.
- Parking spaces and bathrooms at parks will be available.
- Team sports are not permitted.
On Friday May 22, we will resume charging for metered spaces at all beach parks where there are parking meters and end special allowances for holders of beach parking passes to park only at certain beaches.
At all times, even after the current restrictions are lifted, holders of beach parking passes may park at any Town beach access park, even in metered spaces.